Draft of 2018 Calendar is now live. A couple of notes:
- First competition is Yarra Valley on January 13th (Sat)
- The traditional 2-Day competition in February (Geelong / Ballarat) has been changed to a Double Header at SWAMPS on Saturday 10th and Nepean on Sunday 11th
- The VPA competitions marked as TBC through June, July and August are under discussion. There has been limited attendance over the past couple of years through winter, so we will be seeking some early confirmation of potential numbers if tehse are to proceed.
201506 - Mildura
201512 - SWAMPS - 17 Schedule
This weekend (Nov 7 and 8) is P-17 familiarisation time - including its Expert and Advanced derivatives. Saturday at GMAC, Sunday at Rosebud - formalities starting at 10am both days, and you are welcome to either or both. A great opportunity for aerobatics pilots at all levels.
And what to expect? A mix of:
- 'Forensic' review of P-17 - observing out top pilots flying it, marking up errors on Arresti diagrams, and discussing what we see. Great for experience for all levels - whether you are flying it, or simply looking to understand what judges are looking for. A great opportunity to observe and discuss.
- Personalised feedback on your flying from our Australian team members (and others). You can fly whichever schedule you are comfortable with, and receive constructive coaching and feedback.
- Feedback from the world championships experience.
- Discussion with our Australian Team members and other senior pilots across topics of interest to you.
And things going well we may also demonstrate the working prototype of electronic scoring.
See you there.
VPA Comms team.
The World Championships are over and the team is back home recovering. If you missed any of the coverage then take a look at:
Thankyou all for your support - and stay tuned for updates on some of the events we have planned to share some of the team's experience with the VPA audience.
Here are some tips from one of our experienced pilots, Glenn Burgdorf, on getting started in precision aerobatics.
Here are some summaries from past events in Victoria.
Victoria - Classic Pattern - August 2014
Victoria - Nepean - June 2014
Victoria - State Championships - 2013