A draft of our 2016 Calendar is now in the events section. A few words of introduction:
- It starts on January 16 - see you all at Yarra Valley for a great year opener;
- The weekend after we have been invited to run a Classic competition as part of the P&DARCS 50th Anniversary celebration - so dust off those classic models for a great day;
- You will see we have a number of Sports Aeros / Training days across the year. As with last year these will be shaped a little by the attendees - with the aim of improving our flying skills. So we will likely fly a Sports Aero style competition, but also continue our discussion and flight analysis around the new schedules and any parts pilots are struggling with, or just want to get better at. And if you want to bring those old Classic models along they are welcome as well!
Happy Christmas, and see you all in the New Year.
This weekend (Nov 7 and 8) is P-17 familiarisation time - including its Expert and Advanced derivatives. Saturday at GMAC, Sunday at Rosebud - formalities starting at 10am both days, and you are welcome to either or both. A great opportunity for aerobatics pilots at all levels.
And what to expect? A mix of:
- 'Forensic' review of P-17 - observing out top pilots flying it, marking up errors on Arresti diagrams, and discussing what we see. Great for experience for all levels - whether you are flying it, or simply looking to understand what judges are looking for. A great opportunity to observe and discuss.
- Personalised feedback on your flying from our Australian team members (and others). You can fly whichever schedule you are comfortable with, and receive constructive coaching and feedback.
- Feedback from the world championships experience.
- Discussion with our Australian Team members and other senior pilots across topics of interest to you.
And things going well we may also demonstrate the working prototype of electronic scoring.
See you there.
VPA Comms team.
Back at our last AGM we agreed to change our name to Victorian Precision Aerobatics - to better reflect what we do. A couple of things to draw your attention to:
- Our formal web address has changed to www.vicprecisionaerobatics.com - so you might notice it has changed in the address bar and you might want to update your bookmarks.
- Both www.vicpattern.org.au and www.vicaerobatics.com (short form of our new name) will work and simply redirect to the new address - so you don't really have to change anything.
You may also notice we have integrated much of the video content we have developed, and links to the various blogs, back into this site - so you won't need to remember the sister video / blog site we introduced 6 months back. It will likely still exist - but we will provide links to relevant content from this site.
The World Championships are over and the team is back home recovering. If you missed any of the coverage then take a look at:
Thankyou all for your support - and stay tuned for updates on some of the events we have planned to share some of the team's experience with the VPA audience.
Just a quick update that the Training Day at the State Field scheduled for August 23 is not happening. But Shepparton is happening next weekend, so please get your entries in to Henry.
The forecast wasn't encouraging - massive wet and cold front taking over the State! But the dedicated group in Victoria know the drill - turn up and take what comes! And that was good decision this time.
The early arrivals made it Thursday evening ready for an early Friday start. Unfortunately the early weather was poor, but settled down and some good practice flights were put in. The rest turned up during Friday and we all rocked up to the field with some trepidation on Saturday morning. But nothing to worry about - a bit cool and a cold-ish northerly blowing us out, and showers all around but not on us.
Noticed the change that now makes us look different from our Talking RC Aerobatics partner site?
We had been looking for a while - and then Bill Bloodworth had a great idea just before flying started on the first day of the Bendigo State Champs - lets get a different type of group photo. And we were in luck, our resident guru photographer Darren Tilnak was on hand with camera, and happy to help out even though he was also first up flying! Thanks guys - excellent outcome.
A few behind the scenes shots of what happens when the professionals are at work.